Sunday, June 7, 2009

beer & chicago summer is where it's at

So we're finally squeaking some summer warmth out. Beirgardens and summer weisbier, I can't wait until full bloom. We live between two old neighborhoods, the German, Lincoln Square, and the Swedish-Andersonville. Both neighborhoods offer amazing opporunities to drink in the summer flavors. To reinforce our neighborhood love, two brand spankin' new breweries have opened in walking distance from us. Half Acre Beer Company, halfacrebeer.com and Metropolitan Brewing metrobrewing.com. I've had the opporunity to enjoy both but Im gonna have to sit down and figure out which to love more. So far I've been able to pick up some half-acre nearby, they have a really fun blog with a scavenger hunt where you can win beer prizes. They also organize neighborhood horseshoe tourny's and are a bit more visible than Metro. I had a tasty Metro at a nearby pub but haven't seen them around too much. You can be sure 'll be keeping my eyes open. Lot's of beer, music and fun coming our way this summer, stay tuned, I plan to be all over it.
Cheers! -TF

No comments:

Post a Comment